Be a part of the Steam Donkey Revolution
Steam Donkey Brewing Company is an award-winning local brewery and was the first craft brewery in the heart of downtown Aberdeen, WA. We are growing fast and looking for the right people to join the brewery tasting room team.
The ideal candidate understands the importance of sales and customer engagement while working in a fast-growing company. Product knowledge is extremely important. We are seeking a team player with a strong work ethic who values personal integrity and believes they can make a positive impact at work.
Full Job Description
Steam Donkey is seeking craft beer-loving part-time beertenders to create amazing Steam Donkey memories and compelling experiences for our beloved fans and guests. As a member of our Steam Donkey Family, you will have the opportunity to share the Steam Donkey story, educating visitors about the history, culture, process, and portfolio of beers that set us apart from the rest. As the face of our Aberdeen tasting room, it will be paramount for you to ensure that our customers are having a memorable time that will keep them coming back and bringing their friends! Having a strong appreciation of craft beer and our home in the Pacific Northwest is also extremely important, as you’ll be engaging with long-time fans and new ones alike. If you love our beers and always thought it would be cool to share your passion, then we may have the perfect gig for you!
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Tend bar in compliance with Washington State laws and LCB regulations
- Prioritize professional, friendly customer service and overall guest satisfaction
- Complete all opening and closing duties efficiently while adhering to our high standards of cleanliness
- Maintain and grow craft beer knowledge
- ID-check DOB for all guests in a welcoming, friendly, and efficient manner
- Effectively communicate brewery promotions, policies, programming, and special events to visitors
- Execute beer and merchandise sales, while maintaining well-kept and stocked bar and merchandise areas
- Have brand awareness to increase sales through product knowledge, customer engagement and effective communication.
- Restaurant, hospitality, or retail experience in executing excellent customer service
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about craft beer
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate effectively in a team environment
- Self-motivated multi-tasker
- Willing to learn and open to feedback
- Professional demeanor, especially the ability to remain calm under pressure
- An enthusiasm for sincere and warm hospitality with a desire to exceed guests’ expectations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; weekends and holidays a must
- Must be able to lift 1/4-barrel kegs (60 lbs) and stand for an 8-hour shift
- Must live within close proximity to Aberdeen, Washington
- Strong connection to the local market is preferred
Part time beertender
20-28 hours per week
Monday to Sunday: nights and weekends
Customer Service: 1 year preferred
Craft Beer/bartending: 1 year preferred, not required
Health Department Card (have 2 weeks after hire date to obtain, will reimburse)
Class 12 MAST permit (have 1 month after hire date to obtain, will reimburse)
Drivers License: (Required)
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or 1- 2 years equivalent applicable work experience.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner with management, clients, and customers in any setting.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work a part-time schedule, Monday through Sunday, nights & weekends.
- Stand comfortably for up to 8 hours a day.
- Minimal travel required for training or other scheduled events.
- Must be able to lift at least 60 pounds.
This position is located at our main production facility in Aberdeen, WA.
Candidates should be organized with strong communication skills and an engaging personality. Significant career experience in customer service is a must, as well as the ability to multitask. Hours vary so flexibility is key as we’re open six days a week, including some holidays. Must have open availability, especially on weekends.
We’re located in historic downtown Aberdeen, WA.
We are a family-friendly, all-ages establishment. We just do beer but outside food is welcome.
TASTING ROOM HOURS
101 E Wishkah Street
Aberdeen, WA 98520